Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What characteristics make bindings GOOD bindings?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
JoeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyrpn View Post
Thanks everyone! All the qualities you have listed are things I would want in a pair of bindings too~

JoeR. Thanks so much for answering my big question! Would I be correct to say the the low backs would be better suited for more flexible riding like park riding? Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "low backs." If you mean rear-entry bindings with a highback that folds down, then yes, as I said, they're good for any use in which you need to get in and out of your back binding frequently, as in park riding. However, rear-entry does not necessarily mean flexible. For example, Flows come in a range of stiffnesses. Some are supposed to be good for park riding, but the stiffer ones are meant for all-mountain use, or freeriding. Don't make an assumption about flexibility/stiffness based on the type of binding. You will usually find a range of flexes among a line of bindings with the same strap/access style.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote