Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Goggles
Thread: New Goggles
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have a pair of Oakley A-Frame and Splice goggles.

My main reason for having two Oakley goggles is because they are pretty much the only goggles that fit me properly (Asian Fit).

A reason why I have come to greatly appreciate the quality is because of experience with impacts. One occasion, I had the A-Frames on when I caught a toe edge on ice and slammed face first into the ice patch. Thankfully my helmet and A-Frames took the brunt of the damage. I walked away with a bloody lip and a goggle that was still as good as new. I've had cheaper goggles before and they didn't hold up well. There was a tiny little nick that I found the next day, but it was very, very small. Didn't even come close to ruining any visibility. I have always appreciated Oakley's sunglasses for their durability and they don't skimp on their goggle lines.

My favorite is the Splice for it's field of vision. It's the closest I can get to to the likes of the I/O and EG2 (both of which do not fit me properly). Oakley's warranty isn't the best, but if you are within the allotted time, they are very good about replacing defects. I had to get my A-Frames replaced because I removed the foam pieces on the bottom like a noob. They happily replaced it.

The Smith I/O is great in terms of price for what you get. It comes with an excellent hard case, microfiber bag, and an extra lens. The field of vision is the next best from the EG2 and swapping out the lenses is an absolute breeze. Plus it comes with a lifetime warranty.

EG2 is friggen huge. I have a huge head so for me to say it's huge means it's HUUUUGE. If you wear a helmet, you might want to try them both on together before you go asking for a pair. However, this huge design means that you get unparalleled field of vision. Quality-wise, I can't tell you since I never owned a pair.