Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best tailbone protection is? azzpadz?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowKanin View Post
Yes, I was weaing all the plastic armor as well. I fell pretty hard, the only thing that might have happened was that the plastic somehow missed my tailbone when I fell. They are great shorts, don't get ne wrong, and certainly better than most options out there. But I did manage to still bruise my tailbone pretty good with them.

And yes, I am 6'1", 210 lbs and in what I consider good shape. I run two miles a couple times a week. I also do a lot of core and upper body workouts and squats/lunges. And I do crossfit workouts a few days a week as well. So I don't think being shape is an issue for me, lol.

If anything other than my weight being an issue, perhaps the plastic guard moved before I hit.

Good info. The reason I think the azzpadz would work quite a bit better than than most of "impact shorts" is because any impact would be dispersed across your ass instead of just on a small piece of foam directly on your tailbone, however padded it might be. Just wish they offered a bit of hip protection as well.
181 is offline   Reply With Quote