Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Need a hand with women's freestyle board sizing...

684 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  StarCommand 
#1 ·
So, I was looking for a primarily freestyle board. I wanted something I could ride anywhere with, but something that excelled in freestyle environments because I'm getting bored with freeriding, and I want to see if I can bust a shin or a spleen on some boxes, etc.

I have been riding a 149 for... ever. I'm a scant 5'4", 120ish (that's give or take five pounds depending on if I've baked anything delightful), size 8.5 boots.
I bought a 146 '09 NS Pandora. I love the board for what it is. I didn't realize it was cambered, which wasn't what I wanted in a freestyle stick, so I'm considering spending the silly dough on the new one, and selling the one I just freaking bought. I've spent two days on the board. I know it's stupid to pitch a stick after riding it for two days, but I really wanted rocker. I've only been using the board for freeriding because it does hold a really nice edge, and it's insanely stable bombing the slopes, but if I had to choose between my two boards for all-mountain, I'd pick the NS Infinity--no contest. So, it's stupid to have another all-mountain board.

My question... which I'm getting to very fucking slowly, I know...

I'm debating between getting the 146 again, or sizing down to the 143. I know size is mostly personal preference, and I've ridden the 146 and didn't find to to feel shorter than the 149--because it's not that much shorter, but I was just wondering what the difference in size is between most of your all-mountain vs freestyle boards.

Does sizing down make landings sketchier? I know there are advantages and disadvantages to both options, but I need some help figuring out which size has more of the qualities I can't ride without.

I apologize if this is something that comes up often. I ride with my man, mostly, and his opinions (though gracious) are generally unhelpful because he's a man and has twice the strength that I do...for now.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.