Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Almost There "Bashing head into keyboard"
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well, this years Machete comes in the 157w too. It is also a stiffer board than last year which in my opinion makes it more versatile as last years was mid-soft compared to just mid flex this year.

As for the Fastplant, it's price premium comes from the bamboo core. It also comes with a five year breakage warranty. Our buyer saw a demo of this board being put through impact testing. The rep was even smashing it into the ground to show off the durability. Hence the monster warranty on this thing. I personally tested this board and felt it was a solid board. Bamboo has a flex of its own. It rides stiff, flexes when you want it to, and does have tons of pop. I just felt that this board was lacking that something special. Quality-wise, great construction. 5 year warranty, come on... that bests NeverSummer which offers 3 year warranties on all of their boards.

By the way, I'm going to plug these links. Free Skullcandy LowRider headphones plus a Burton gift pack with both of those K2 boards if you order from us:

K2 Parkstar Snowboard 2011

K2 Fastplant Mens Snowboard 2011

Add the board to your cart and you'll see a special offer option. Add your headphones and it will show up as free. Then chat with customer service after your order and ask them to include the free Burton gift pack with it as well. Comes with dvd, stomp pad, leash, and wax scraper.