Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Windham TR
Thread: Windham TR
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Magnum626
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I hurt myself the way most do...one of those last runs of the day when the only thing left is ice. I can't remember which diamond run but it was icy and there was a freaking divet in the ice. My nose stuck in and I launched forward putting my arm out. Worst part I didn't even realize it was dislocated at first. I was on my knees holding my upper arm. My friend asked if I was alright and when I got up I realized I couldn't bend my left arm. I sat back down and said something was wrong...lol

Ski Patrol came, I couldn't lie down in the sled because it was hurting way way too bad. So I sat back to back with a buddy going down a bumpy icy hill while the snowblowers were blowing snow in my face. Got to the bottom, they rolled me onto some rollers like they have at the deli for boxes and slid me right into first aid. After the painful xrays they told me it was dislocated.

At this point I had options. Wait 2 hours for an ambulance and then another two to get to the hospital or they can try to put it back in there. So I said fuck it, you guys can try to put it back in since I didn't wanna wait. After 3 tries they got that sucker back in the joint with no pain medicine. They put me in a splint, gave me a script for percocet. So after a stop at the pharmacy, 3 percocets and two joints for the ride, I got home 3 hours later.

Last edited by Magnum626; 12-24-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Magnum626 is offline   Reply With Quote