Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heel turns make me scurrred
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
andru1313

Default Heel turns make me scurrred

Ok I am a n00b. I have been boarding 4 times now. I originally thought that it was an equipment issue but now I am not so sure. I am able to ride so so. I can do a toe turn and toe stop really well. I try and get on my heel side and either i over turn... Go goofy foot.... or fall. I can heel stop but seems the more speed i pick up the more difficult my heel side gets. I am not sure but i think my stance is part of the problem. I feel that I am pushing my feet to make the turn to much. I can seem to get my hips to make the movement or I am trying to push it to hard.

the conditions were really awful one day very icy and i caught the heel edge and it Popped me straight in the air and i landed on my knee. Had to make a trip to the hospital that day. Just a bad bruise. I am a tall 6'2 and I skied for over 10 years. I want to make sure i learn correctly. I really enjoy riding and have been going every weekend but I fear that I am not improving but getting worse. any help would be great thanks.