Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

are my bindings centered

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  pailhead 
#1 ·
Ive been having a lil bit of trouble centering my bindings over my board, am i supposed to just look at the overhang of the toe/heel of the boot or do i need to consider where the binding baseplate is as well? Can you tell me if this is centered?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's hard to tell by the pictures but typically they say you should have an equal distance from the edge of the board to the end of your toe and heel.

#8 · (Edited)
Wear boots. Balance on a rail or something of the nature. Figure out where your center of balance is so you have equal effort wiggling front to back. Mark with some gaffer tape, spraypaint or the girlsfriends lipstick depending on your flavor. Put boot in binding, look down board and see if it is centered. There will be an angle so both marks must be equally distant from the center of course.

Or, just step on the board next to the binding and figure out what feels good and puts equal pressure tow and heel side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.