Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best tailbone protection is? azzpadz?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xauthenticx View Post
why do you recommend the Azzpadz in the park over Skeletools? Just from a comfort level? Because from the pictures, it seems like the Skeletools have a wider protection area? Please correct me if im wrong.
Russ.
Russ,

The Azzpadz have a little more plastic in them to help shield me from hits on the boxes and rails.
The Skeletools I bought extra padding as you see, and I double them up when I'm doing jumps to help add more cushion. The Azzpadz extra plastic can actually, hurt if you hit it just right. Then again any crash with/without pads can end up hurting.

As everyone knows I'm newer to the sport and in my 40's so I need all the protection I can get. I don't work, I don't get paid, and I need to work to provide for the family. That said, YES you could use either and be good. I was just showing pics of the pads and what my preference was. I don't want anyone to buy 2 sets of pads but I was trying to be as honest/helpful as I could by providing detailed pics and my limited experience.

Both, for me are great products and either one would be a good investment.
-Slyder
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote