Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome 390's
Thread: Rome 390's
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ttam

Default Rome 390's

Im curious as to if this has ever happened before? I have been snowboarding for 5 seasons now and would call myself a intermediate rider. Just cruising down a run there was a little set of whoops so I pumped off the first one and jumped off the second. The moment I hit the ground my foot was off the board. Completely off..... Next thing I know some kids are looking down on me like holy shit. Having no idea what just happened I get taken to the bottom on a backboard.

Someone later comes in to report that they saw me flipping head over heels five times and just after I stopped flipping I was still knocked out....

Anyways I would like to blame this on ROME. I know that this was not my fault. I KNOW that I didnt catch my edge (well ya I did but again not my fault my foot wasnt on the board). So after I get out of the hospital with a minor concussion, sprained ankle/wrist and my neck in a brace for the next two weeks I got to see my board. Fours screws are still in the board and holding in a very small piece of baseplate. From what I can tell my base plate completely shattered on impact..

In the end Im SUPER glad to be alive and not dead and will not be buying rome products in the future.

See ya on the slopes
Matt
Ttam is offline   Reply With Quote