Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome 390's
Thread: Rome 390's
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm sorry that this happened to you and thankfully you're on the road to recovery. However, I can't share your anger towards Rome. You do not remember the impact so there is no way to judge who was at fault here. Baseplates shattering are not specific to any one company. It happens to all types of bindings. Some are manufacturer defects, others are rider impacts/poor care.

I've also heard a lot of stories of this happening as a result of over tightening the screws. There's just too many variables to consider before putting the blame squarely on Rome's shoulders.

With that said, I suggest writing a calm letter/email to Rome with some pictures so they can at the very least get you a replacement on your bindings or a refund of some sort.

By the way, the baseplate failing could have started long before that jump you did.

I just read that you remember your foot being out before impact. Then the latter part of my post makes the most sense. It could have failed from a previous incident like another bad impact or the screw thing.

Last edited by Leo; 12-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote