Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Skate Banana (the everything board?)

16K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  KaOTiKM3 
#1 ·
after reading many good reviews 'bout the skate banana, this gets me thinking... makes me wanna get this board and sell my other one. it seems like it's a bit more user friendly for turning and icy conditions. great for a beginner like me. also good for those rare times when there's non-slushy (powdery) conditions. if given then choice would you get this board as the "only" board for a beginner for the first few seasons?

G
#2 ·
Dood the skate banana is still by far the best board ive owned to date. It is just super playful, works great on pow even if your using a smaller board, and MTX rocks my cock off.

It is however, a little squirly at first to get used to. I remember when I first tried it out, the rocker made it feel a little uncontrolable. Once you learn how to ride it though, it just plain rips.

#7 ·
The Banana is the best board I've owned. That is not saying much since it is only my 3rd board but living in the ice coast, I immediately became a believer after day of solid ice. It gives so much more grip, I did not hesitate one bit to carve down what was pretty much an ice skating rink. This past weekend I was also fortunate to ride in good powder, and the board handles just as admirably. Although other people are right when they say it is a bit squirrely on the flats or when going with speed. As far as pop and flex, this board is sick, I can basically bounce around from any point at any time. Get one (in blue if you can), you will not be disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.