Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rails from the side
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deviant
Veteran Member

Default Rails from the side

So I've never been much of a rail guy until last season, prefer the kickers, but I've started getting into street style rails in the park (skinny, non-box, not ride-on stuff). I can get onto the rail from the side when it's a low to the ground rail, but last year olling onto a taller one I caught the nose (DONG!!!) and it's spooked me a bit on the taller rails. My question is the set-up. For a regular boardslide on the low rails I'm setting up by turning up the lip at maybe a 45 degree angle, olling, turning the board in the air and landing on the rail close to where the lip is, maybe a foot or two feet down. Should I be coming at less of an angle to the rail and just landing further down it, or just olling higher with a similar approach? This is the sort of rail and approach I'm talking about (although he is setup for a front board or something)..

Sorry if this is confusing, but it's the best way I can describe it at 1am Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Deviant; 12-31-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote