Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Burton Prophecy, Re:Flex base
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
J.Schaef

Default 2011 Burton Prophecy, Re:Flex base

Rode the Burton Prophecys today for the whole day. I rode the M size, and wear a 10.5 boot.

Should start this out saying that I wanted with everything in my being to hate these bindings. They are silly looking, seem very hyped up, and well.... I am not the biggest Burton fanboy.

Rode them on my 2010 Bataleon Riot 155. Had them set at +15/-9 and 23" stance.

Took them everywhere today on my hill. Burned some groomers at mach 10, hiked into the slack to find some fresh pow (oh my goodness was the snow good today) Hot lapped the park, and rode in some of my favorite trees.

At first I wasn't sure what to think. I adjusted them to my boots, and let er rip. They were VERY comfortable the whole day (I don't think I even touched the front binding once). Seemed like I could never over tighten the straps. These are easily some of the most comfortable bindings I have ever used.

On the first chair up, I also noticed how light these are. This probably has something to do with the Re:flex base. It basically allows your board to flex underfoot. All of which I thought was probably marketing hype. After a couple of runs though, my board definitely was more poppy, and felt a lot livelier. It is hard to pinpoint exactly what is going on, but I am a huge fan.

I do wish that my shop wasn't sold out of these things, because they are now on my "have to buy" list.

I may just not give them back to my buddy haha.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0038.jpg (106.8 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0039.jpg (180.0 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by J.Schaef; 01-03-2011 at 09:04 PM.
J.Schaef is offline   Reply With Quote