Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Green circle trails
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sincraft

Default Green circle trails

when you all started snowboarding, did you find the little green circle trails that were narrow and full of granular/ice/lumpy powder mixed with chunks the hardest? I do! I've only been boarding about 8 times now, 6 of those times were at a local hill where it's nothing more than a wide bunny hill. Today I found myself venturing down diamond hills, coated in ice below the man made powder (I live in the east), I was making my heel to nose transitions very well for someone that just learned how to nose ride last week, but my transitions to heel again were fubard. Too stiff I think and getting too far back uphill, so I have to literally throw my weight and almost jump the board to make the turn. All in all, I did pretty well. Yea I would wreck once every other run but hey...I'm ok with that, I just want to keep progressing.

BUT.

Then I go on those stupid little access trails or green circle trails, and man was I having a rough time. I found I did better kicking my back foot out and transitioning between edges, but some of these trails are pretty sloped and populated. Even if you could make transitions that fast, too many people zooming by in skis. new people, that cant steer and dont know how to yell or say anything before they smash into the back of you! :__ (

Any tips? I had my worst wreck at the bottom of a diamond hill where it meets a narrow green circle to the lift. I caught a back edge and flipped UP into the air and straight down onto my back. Im too tall and heavy to be taking these slow speed wrecks like this.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote