Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a hill to ski/board in Colorado
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
pinter

Default Looking for a hill to ski/board in Colorado

Hi all,

I am from Canada and am looking to take a 4 day trip down to Colorado to going skiing/boarding and I am wondering what mountains I should consider. I am an expert skier and looking for powder, off piste, glades and lots of double diamond runs but not all are required but powder would be nice and thats why I want to go west to Colorado instead of just going to Vermont or Lake Placid and I can board I am not the best but I could handle blues and diamonds with little problems but I will mostly be skiing if the mountain is mostly expert. I am not into park at all.

Any suggestions? Price is a consideration for me so places like Vail and huge expensive resorts are out and I have been looking but there are so many opinions out there and since I have never been to Colorado I need some suggestions. I could even do 2 different places that are close to each other but 1 mountain is preferred.

Some places I have looked at are:

Crested Butte
Winter Park
Heavenly
Loveland
Steamboat

Places that look best for me are Loveland or Steamboat. I am not looking for a whole ski village and driving 20 min to get from the hotel to the hill is not really an issue. I don't need 5 star and will be staying at a basic hotel. I just want to go ski/board for the day, go back to the hotel and go eat and then sit back and relax at the hotel and then bed and then wake up and ski/board again for 4 days.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
pinter is offline   Reply With Quote