Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The old Bindings are officially dead.
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
If I want stiff bindings, I would jump up to the SPI or Double Agents.
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
You can't tell his switch until he releases his Contrabands at the lift line. Boots make a bigger difference. If my F20's are a little loose my carving gets crappy.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I have some questions about this. When you say "jump up" to the SPI/Double Agent, why do you use that term? Aren't the Alphas supposed to be Ride's top-tier bindings?

You mention the guy on your hill uses Contrabands... what are the differences between those and the MVMNTs (other than the obvious one-strap/two-strap thing and the changeable wedgies)?

Last, you say if your boots are loose your carving gets crappy... how does one know when it is time to get new boots? I have some DC Triax from '04 that I use. Thing is, this is really the first season I've used them. When I got them I was intending to use them a lot that season but snapped my ankle playing football... and this is the first year I've really gotten going again. Does it matter that they're older boots? I know there is a lot of new tech in bindings, but it wouldn't seem like boots would have had a sudden leap over a few years ago. They seem to fit well, don't give hot spots, etc... so, like I asked, how do I know when it is time to get new boots vs. new bindings .. heck, vs. a new board?

Last edited by PredaClone; 01-06-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Oops!
PredaClone is offline   Reply With Quote