Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The old Bindings are officially dead.
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
PredaClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
If I want stiff bindings, I would jump up to the SPI or Double Agents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
You can't tell his switch until he releases his Contrabands at the lift line. Boots make a bigger difference. If my F20's are a little loose my carving gets crappy.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I have some questions about this. When you say "jump up" to the SPI/Double Agent, why do you use that term? Aren't the Alphas supposed to be Ride's top-tier bindings?

You mention the guy on your hill uses Contrabands... what are the differences between those and the MVMNTs (other than the obvious one-strap/two-strap thing and the changeable wedgies)?

Last, you say if your boots are loose your carving gets crappy... how does one know when it is time to get new boots? I have some DC Triax from '04 that I use. Thing is, this is really the first season I've used them. When I got them I was intending to use them a lot that season but snapped my ankle playing football... and this is the first year I've really gotten going again. Does it matter that they're older boots? I know there is a lot of new tech in bindings, but it wouldn't seem like boots would have had a sudden leap over a few years ago. They seem to fit well, don't give hot spots, etc... so, like I asked, how do I know when it is time to get new boots vs. new bindings .. heck, vs. a new board?

Thx

Last edited by PredaClone; 01-06-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Oops!
PredaClone is offline   Reply With Quote