Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help needed with switch riding degrees!
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM
kysnowboarder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am riding 16/-15 . duck I started out with something more along the lines of 20/5 it if I remember correctly. I remember that I did that because the shop that I bought the board recommended that for a beginner and also read online that beginners should have the rear close to 0. I remember that it felt incredibly awkward. I road like that for a year and I think it set me back. I originally dismissed the awkward feeling of it because I was new to the sport, everything could be expected to feel awkward right? no not true if found out. Once I switched to duck it felt really natural.

SA Addiction: so why do some instructors/shops recommend 20/5 for beginners? Is there anybody reading this still riding this way and feeling comfortable with it? Maybe duck stance just worked for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.