Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Photo Contest?
Thread: Photo Contest?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Puggy

Lightbulb Photo Contest?

Hey guys,

I've been through a few other random forums and I've noticed a lot of them are big on photo contests and the such... None of them really have prizes or anything but they do seem really fun and simple to organize. So I figured with something like snowboarding which now-a-days has a lot of emphasis on pictures and videos and the such... I dunno wouldn't mind some feedback and maybe we could talk to the admins about a sticky... But my idea would be throw out a random theme like: rails, powder, air, stuff like that then, everyone who posts I will copy their images to a new thread with no names on them so everyone could vote anonymously.... Sounds more ambiguous than it is....

Photo Contest:
  • Create Theme
  • Members Take Their Pictures
  • Members Post Them To Contest Thread
  • Once Submissions Are Closed We Take The Photos Into a New Thread
  • Post Them With No Names
  • Close The Submission Thread So No One Can See Who Posted What
  • Give Members 2 Weeks or So To Cast a Single Vote
  • Name Winner...

I dunno just thought it could be a fun idea... too bad the forum is running on the new framework or we could have ribbons...

Another cool idea would be like trick challenges or something which people could just challenge people and have others vote on the photo or video and elect a winner that way...

Hope someone else finds this idea interesting... Maybe even an admin
Cheers thanks for reading
Puggy is offline   Reply With Quote