Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thinkin of goin Nike for boots reviews???
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #92 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy86 View Post
I have the exact same problem with you on the ZF. It is super comfy and everything, but it is so snuggy that my pinky toe starts to go after few hours of riding. Maybe I am over tighten it as well, but if I loosen the lower section of the boot I will get heel lift.

Would heat molding or up sizing it by 1/2 a size solve the problem?
You might need a half size up if tightening your boots less doesn't solve the problem. Before they pack out, boots should be snug, but not circulation cutting snug.

I have a wider toe box so this is a common problem for me. I'll find many boots that fit great length-wise, but are slightly too narrow.

With my other boots, to alleviate my toe crunch, I would loosen the toe box area's laces. In order to keep my heel down, I would tighten it around the ankle more. Look into hockey lacing style of tightening boots. Of course, this only works with traditional laces. However, you do get maximum zonal control with this method.