Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thinkin of goin Nike for boots reviews???
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #93 (permalink)
jeremy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
You might need a half size up if tightening your boots less doesn't solve the problem. Before they pack out, boots should be snug, but not circulation cutting snug.

I have a wider toe box so this is a common problem for me. I'll find many boots that fit great length-wise, but are slightly too narrow.

With my other boots, to alleviate my toe crunch, I would loosen the toe box area's laces. In order to keep my heel down, I would tighten it around the ankle more. Look into hockey lacing style of tightening boots. Of course, this only works with traditional laces. However, you do get maximum zonal control with this method.
I have tried this method and again it only work for the first few hours. I started with the toe area super loose and progressively tighten up to the ankle, but because they are in the same lacing section. They slowly reach an equilibrium state, hence the tighten area (mid foot - ankle area) starts to loosen while the looser area(toe area) is tightening over time.

If I could keep the toe area loose than I should be fine. Any suggestion on how I can keep the laces of the toe area locked?
jeremy86 is offline   Reply With Quote