Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help needed with switch riding degrees!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

I started in the "beginner" forward stance...
...adjusted my stance to...

Forward Riding: somewhere between +15 0 to +45 +30...
Switch Riding: 0 0 to +15 -15

What I found was that the more forward and narrow allows easier carving and high speed stability.
The more duck and wider allows easier spinning/pressing.

So if I was to race someone, it would be +45 +30 ideally with a directional stiff board.
If I was to show off to girls or whatever lol...I would be +15 -15 ideally on a softer twin board.

I imagine that most of the "pro stats" you see are because these are the competition setups...of which most pros prolly use direction boards for most cases because in essense, a direction board is "better". You can ride a lot faster and then throw your big air and land switch. The key part is that you CAN perform better in ONE direction at least...and that's the edge you need...but you can still be versatile and do a switch related trick for extra points. If you look at the full racing boarders, they are forward because you don't race switch. Also, directional boards are softer in the tip and stiffer in the tail. So even if they are in a centered stance, they can still take advantage of this increased forward performance with a slightly overall forwardish angle rather than full duck.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 01-08-2011 at 07:59 PM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote