Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ever seen a group of falling leaf riders on wrong run?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
fattrav
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51bombed View Post
forgot to mention that section of the trail was about 13 feet wide... its cataloochee in north carolina... being from nz id doubt youd go there. not exactly the widest or best runs. however its the best one local to me... about a 1 hr 15 min drive. they werent about to split up, so passing was needed. woulda been fine had he not leaned over and found me... fairly sure he lost balance.

and nah reactions werent really a factor... i slowed down quite a bit before passing... they were barely moving.
No, cant say that ive been there, but i know the kind of track your talking about (ours is called Clarry's, and its just wide enough to get a cat down, but the only run at the bottom, so is heavily congested and will make the most seasoned boarder/skier fall through its design). I find its either best to stop short and let them go for it, follow them down until there is room, or try and zip passed as quick as possible, sounds like they were already falling as you went passed anyways.
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote