Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Union Ratchet Durability

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  little devil 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had any problems with the Union ratchets, particularly on the toe strap? I have a set of '08-'09 Datas and same year Forces, and on both my rear foot ratchet got caught a position that wouldn't accept the ladder. I've taken a pair of pliers and jammed it back to the original position, but following that it would revert back to the damaged state the next time I tried to unstrap. These are older so no longer covered by Union/C3 1-year warranty - C3 online shop charges $15 or 20. I've been the to local shops and got a replacement, but after having gone through two ratchets with the same problem, I'm wondering about the quality of these things and if anyone else has seen this issue?

As far as my riding style, I hit some smaller kickers and butter around on a regular basis but I don't think to the extent that it should damage the ratchet.

#2 ·
That's typical for that years toe ratchet. They have since changed the design and dealer have what is called a grab basket that Union sends them with extra ratchets and straps so they dont have to warranty them. I have the same year Force and the same thing happened to me. I contacted Union and they told me to go to a dealer. I took mine to EMS, which I didn't buy them from, last year and they gave me 2 of the new style ratchets no questions asked. If you can't find a dealer to help you out then you can buy them for $10 from C3shop.com

#4 ·
Yeah my 08/09 forces started fucking up this year. Either toe strap on either bindings 2 days in a row jammed up. Wasn't hard to fix but is a pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.