Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Damned if you do, damned if you don't
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
nzboardlife
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
Ohh ok that makes more sense. The people trying to collect health and fitness data on behalf of the entire country turn away the people that look like they might be in decent shape, but if you look like you've never seen the inside of a gym then you're just what they're looking for. Shouldn't skew the numbers at all.
Never said i knew what i was talking about, just spewing theories, doesn't sound like your too clued up either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs
Like I said, I'm not debating that our country is fat, I just don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be -- the standardized chart that is used is faulty.
I agree shitty chart but the article in question is relative to the rest of the world. The chart was created in then 1800's when i believe people where generally smaller in size and if you use the chart relative to the size of everyone on earth i think you'll find it is still some what relavent with a large percentage of the world made up from the asian and middle eastern areas were people are generally smaller in build. Americans are a large race (in terms of general build not just fat) but so are many of the other countries in the top ten fattest so relative to their counter parts their still as fat as their made out to be.