Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Board Stance spacing?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Don Nabhan 
#1 ·
Hello all!

This if my first post and I was actually curious about my board set up compared to the rest of the others out there. I have only been riding hard for about 1 season (this season being my 2nd) I had my board set up in a very directional set up (15 degrees in the front and zero in the back with a shorter tail than front). Recently I set up with 12/12 and pushed out one of the bindings farther forward to even out the tail and front and It has helped a good amount with my switch. I guess my question is...is there a specific way to tell how far apart your feet should be on the board?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

#2 ·
No, it's preference. You just have to adjust it and ride it a few runs to see if you like it. It could change your board night and day. I mark mine with a Sharpie on the board for different riding, like deep powder days I move my stance back, and after when I want it back to normal, I just match up the board to my Sharpie marks.

#6 ·
i also use a tape measurer...... so, i´m also anal......lol
when you measure, do you place the tip of the T.M. in the middle of the bindings disc or in the bindings baseplate?
When do you straight the T.M., do you make it run "glued" to the topsheet?

#5 ·
Thanks for the input. Yea I just moved my left foot forward a little bit and ducked out my feet and at first it was kind of awkward......but I would have moved my right foot a little forward as well but my stomp bad is in the way :/ and I just recently put it on when I had the other set up haha

#8 ·
Actually, i do something that might sound funny at first, but its very useful....

I do have a specific lenght i like..... and i keep it on all my boards.... if it is a freeride board, it probably already has an 1 inch or so offset. So, i just use the same stance space.
On my park set-up i do the same, using the centered inserts as a reference, cause probably this specfic board is a true twin.

The "funny" thing I do is:
1. Go to IKEA.
2. Put 237 paper rulers in your backpack.
3. Cut´em off in the same size of the stance space you like.
:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.