Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hey tell my friend something
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Right
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Hmm, I disagree with the board choice. I bought a board after my 6th time snowboarding but the fist time I went more then once in 2 years if that makes any sense (I finally decided to commit to it and spend the cash). I bought an M3 Discord from the-house.com for $175 with free shipping, an M3 poster and a free World Industries back pack... Would I ever have dreamt of spending $400, $300 or even more than $225 on a board, no. I had no idea what I need, was getting into, or even what I wanted so I bought a tried and true beginner board. Needless to say, I have ridden that board maybe 6 times in the last two seasons (been riding for 3). It is not what I desire in a board now unless there is powder because it is too big and pretty stiff as well. It taught me how to ride, and I moved to a board that cost more and was tailored a little more to my needs as I had learned them. Don't buy a board like that for your first unless you have plenty of board money because although a sick board, it may not be what you want in less than 1/2 a season and why spend the cash. Other than that, I agree that if you are dedicated to riding buy a less expensive beginner board. You will progress faster not being on a different board every single time, especially rental equipment that gets beat on and the settings of bindings get changed almost daily for boot sizes (makes for some sloppy bindings over time). You also won't end up with a $400 piece of wood + binding cost that doesn't work for you. That is all. I think I've posted too many times tonight but I'm stoked on finding all the stashed pow at Loveland in approximately 9 hours Blabbing over.

I must say as well, buying a pair of boots first might be his best bet. If your feet are uncomfortable what good is a $400+ board?

Last edited by Mr. Right; 02-16-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote