Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hey tell my friend something
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
dmoss

Buying your own boots is a great idea...

As for the board, that's more of a personal choice...my wife and I decided to buy boards after two times out...we both were progressing well and decided renting boards each week was just adding a cost to buying a board at the end of the season. We did not destroy out boards and they are still in really good shape. Also, with all the sales right now it might not be a bad time to buy. I also found that having my own board made it easier to get better - using the same equipment week to week and getting used to the feel...

As for board choice, I got an Arbor Alt for my first board and love it. People told me it might be too stiff, but that has definitely not been the case. The bamboo top sheet on the Alt is awesome - very "snappy" for lack of a better term. Although I spent a bit more on it, EMS is having a sale right now and most Arbor boards are 50% off. That means the Alt is $250 (GREAT price!) and the Formula (their entry level board, which I would not recommend because most riders will outgrow it in one full season and there are better values elsewhere) is something like $150-175.

This is just my two cents...and that's not worth much...but you asked
dmoss is offline   Reply With Quote