Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cat Boarding in B.C. TR
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Polonia
Veteran Member

Default Cat Boarding in B.C. TR

During our stay in Whistler....one night we got drunk at the village and happened to stroll by the catboarding sign up place so what did we do? we pulled the trigger and $500 later, we were booked for a trip to POWDER MOUNTAIN on our second to last day there

from whistler village, the bus picked us up and drove us about 20 miles to powder mountain. At the base lodge, we hopped into the cat and were on our way to the first drop off point. At the top, we were given transponders and did a short avalanche recovery training session.

Once we were fully trained the guide told us where to strap in and which paths to avoid. All of the guides were really cool, friendly and well trained and they made u feel comfortable.

My first impression of Powder mountain: They were NOT kidding when they advertise that it gets 60% more snow than Whistler. Guides told us that well be riding on 20-30ft of untouched snow. So my first thought was ummmm ok cool no problem.

i strap in and watched as the skiers dropped in first effortlessly, i was the first one out of the snowboarders to go first and as soon as i managed to dig out the nose of my board from what seemed like 50lbs of snow on it, i followed their tracks.

CONTD....