Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Am I abnormal?
Thread: Am I abnormal?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
TitaniuIVI

Default Am I abnormal?

OK so I'm fairly new to snowboarding, but I'm definatly interested in getting my own setup. I'm 5'6", 140lbs, size 10 boots. My issue is that I can't find a board that fits all those stats. For my height and weight I should be riding something like a 150. Most 150's have a waist of about 24.5, which would leave my boot hanging out. So, most people would say, get a wide. Well, they apparently don't make very many 150 wides (Guess I'm a wierd short guy with big feet.) I only found some cheapo brands that do it, but I want to get a decent setup. What I'm looking to get now are some DC Scout boots (Cause they have BOA, I don't even like tieing my sneakers.) And some Flow bindings (Cause for a couple of extra bucks I get alittle bit more ease.) So that leaves the board. I originally wanted to get a Nitro Target Redline 151, but the waist is 24.6. From doing the math, my shoes would hang over unless I have an extreme stance. You guys have any suggestions on a board that would fit my criteria, or am I just over analyzing this and my size 10 boot would be fine with 24.6 waist. I really don't want to spend $200+ dollars on a board and be disapointed. Thanks in advance.

Angel