Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarder missing at Berthoud
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

It wasn't a very cold storm at all yesterday. It was raining all the way to Empire when I was driving up. It was also nuking up on the pass like I have never seen with high winds thrown in. I knew on my second lap that the pass was going to close. After an all time run down Floral Park that is exactly what happened. There was a CDOT guy in the parking lot letting us know they had just closed the pass and that if you dropped below the parking lot you were probably not a getting a ride back up. I took that as a time to bail notice as they were no longer plowing the pass too. There was a fair amount of people sticking around playing on the east and west side runs. As far as temps go, it was fairly warm and the snow was a bit on the heavier side. Not nearly the dangerous conditions of a couple of weeks ago. Still, it's pretty hard to get lost on the pass. Stinks like a NARSID or something of that ilk. Hopefully this guys is just lost and can't figure out that the road is somewhere below him...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote