Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ready to buy....Highly Confused
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
crappinduck

Default Ready to buy....Highly Confused

Hey guys....

Maybe you could take a second to steer me in the right direction. I have been a learner for about a year on my bro's burton board. I have make a few trips to breck and I think I am ready to buy my own board. I was inches away from buying the below until I saw the huge selection, differences, etc online. Im looking for a nice setup for around $400; new or used.

From Sports Authority:
2006 K2 board (came up between my chin and nose) Orig. 349 Clearance 139
2008 Salomon Boots Orig. 130 Clear. 90
2008 Burton aluminum bindings Orig. $140 Clear $100
Sorry, I do not have models.

After researching online, it seems name brands will manufacture specifically for companies like Sports Authority.

I would rather spend good money now and have nice beginner/intermediate equipment for the next 2 years. I have no idea what to look for in equipment as I have only used one board. My only complaints on the board I have used was that it seemed SLIGHTLY too long and there was too much give inside the boot (my heels kept moving. I would like a step in system if possible.

I'm 24, 155lbs, 5' 9" 8.5-9 Shoe size prolly just freeriding for the next year or so. After at least 150 falls & two cracked front teeth, I can make it down a couple blues @ breck.

Thanks for your time and let me know what you have!
Dave