Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Board Buying - Good Deals in US Resorts?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  bloo 
G
#1 ·
Off to winter park next week, killing time until then looking at new boards.

Anyone been to the states recntly? Are there good deals to be had in th resorts? Ive just sat and watched my mates buy a load of shiny kit while i wait to pick some stuff up over there

#2 ·
With the US dollar so weak, everything is going to look like a good deal for you.

#3 ·
Keep in mind that shops at resorts generally have inflated prices. Pretty tough to beat alot of deals that are available from U.S. based online shops.

G
#4 ·
Thats why i'm asking - i've seen some amazing deals online from US sites (or at least they seemed pretty good) - including from a store that has a branch that is in the resort.

Should I bother emailing and trying to get a deal sorted out before I arrive, or would I be OK just turning up and shopping around when I get there?

(I'm based in the UK by the way so can't mail order in time)

#5 ·
If you have some specific gear that you want, I think it would be to your advantage to either email or call to see what some of the shops have in stock and if they know that your going to come in and throw down the cash with farting around they may give a sweeter deal. I don't know what that area has for shops but just goggles around and make some calls. Might save you a ton of time when you get to the resort.

G
#6 ·
Yeah I think your right. Not looking to waste any time when i get there!

I've rented before, but this time gonna get the lot - boots, bindings, board. Sat and watched my mates spend a fortune on their kit last wkend - it was torture! Hopefully the deal i'll get will be worth it

#7 ·
Yeah I know the pricing in the U.S. is even a lot cheaper than in Canada so you should be able to get some nice gear for a great price. Seems like everyone has their current stock on sale.

G
#8 ·
Yup - i'm just hoping its the same in resort when i get there. Saw a custom for $350 US (sale price) - thats less than half what you would pay here. So i'm in the market for boards I couldn't justify buying at UK prices

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.