Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Incarceration Up, Education Down: America’s Cannibalistic Profiteering
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Phenom, did you read any of that article I posted at all?

What you are not seeming to want to accept is that while some people do deserve what they get as you suggest, too many people are being used to line the pockets of these people. This kind of thing goes against the very fundamentals of western democracy not just America's Constitution. Have you ever read the Magna Carta???

Who said anything about starting a revolution??? As citizens in a democracy it is our right and our responsibility to ensure that democracy is upheld and that seek redress for wrongs. The first step in that process is bringing things like this to the attention of our fellow citizens so there is public outcry and a push to make our elected representatives uphold their duties to us and our Constitutional Republic. Sometimes bitching amongst ourselves IS a solution.

Your passivity and acceptance of tyrrany is alarming.
I did, I just didn't really want to, for lack of a better term, go there. The incredibly small percentage of people who are wrongfully put in jail are hardly contributing to the over-crowded prisons. I agree those cases are out there, but I'm not worried about it happening to me.

The only confusion I have from your post is the bolded claim. Are those people you're talking about the ones who go to prison for illegal drug offenses and similar charges, or are you talking about the purely innocent people put in prison? I'm assuming you're talking about the latter, in which case my previous paragragh applies. If you are talking about the former, then a drug legality debate is on the horizon, and nothing spells dead end like a drug debate.

If your opinion of America is tyranny then I am very sorry you feel that way. I wish I knew what to tell you.
"its ppl like you, that I would "impact damage" your face if i ever saw you
keep your mouth shut. one more time, please and thank you." -user: chingy_