Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Incarceration Up, Education Down: America’s Cannibalistic Profiteering
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 01:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
NWBoarder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Pass legislation in each state that disallows for profit privatization of our penal system and review sentencing guidelines and abolish "mandatory sentencing" to allow judges to view every case on its own merits. Decriminalize drug use and possession and treat it as a public health problem, not a criminal problem and focus on rehabilitation for people addicted to drugs.
After reading this entire thread, all I can say is that this is by far the best solution for our shitty penal system in America. Snowolf has hit the proverbial nail on the head. If this solution was implemented, the people of America would have a fair chance if they ever found their way into the penal system. As for Phenom, since you can't see the flaws in our system and feel that the laws are so easy to not break, good luck to you if you ever run down a pedestrian in your car because you were distracted by your Big Mac or Frappuccino. I can guarantee that your eyes would open a little more to the injustice of our so called justice system.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion