Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NOOOB to park help please
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
shaunnorum05

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I ride a 61w in the park so you're fine on a 59 especially being a taller and probably bigger guy.

A lot of people ride symmetrical duck for park but ride whatever is comfortable.

Learn how to ollie and get comfortable doing that before you try jumps. Then jump/ollie off rollers and side-hits before you take to small jumps. Bring your knees up when you jump and flex/bend when you land so that your legs absorb the landing rather than sending a shockwave up your spine.

If you are slipping out on boxes doing a 50/50 (you are riding straight down the box with your board pointed in the same direction as the box) then you definitely aren't balanced. When you get on the box you need to be very flat-based, you can be on edge because there's nothing to dig in to on the box.

On boxes try to look beyond the end of the feature, not down at your feet.

ahh, k thank you. Im heading up tomorrow and saturday so ill give the ollies a try. Now that i think of it, I do look down at my feet on boxes. When I set my bindings, what degrees are a good spot to start before tweaking it a little? Thanks again
shaunnorum05 is offline   Reply With Quote