Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #410 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
oh! I'm actually learning with my girlfriend, I had no idea about those deals. Thanks for that heads up.

We were guessing that the season here ends in February and the last time we can bet on getting out is somewhere around the weekend of the 12th. Is that about right?

She's originally from Calgary, we're both looking forward to getting good enough to go back to her homebase and hit up Lake Louise or other Banff resorts.

skifreedeals.com check it out pretty much every ski area in the state participates.

February 12 - nah not even in a bad year. February is usually the best month of skiing/riding around here. I'd plan on season going to St. Patrick's day mid-March. Most of the small ski areas like Brighton, etc. will shut down that weekend. The bigger resorts up north like Boyne, Crystal, Nubs, Schuss/Shanty, etc., will stay open through April 1 on a good year, I've seen them open as late as April 8 or 9. But they're almost always open through the month of March.

Last year boardaddicktd and I drove up to Nub's on April 2, it was 84 degrees and we were snowboarding in boardshorts

Even in a bad year we get the whole month of February and maybe first week of March so you still got 6 weeks, minimum, but maybe 8-9 weeks depending on how cold it stays and how much snow we get.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1