Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Waterproof/Breathability - CONFUSED/EXPLAINED
View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Mishtar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjerstin Klein View Post
You are comparing two totally different pants - you might as well ask if you should drive a Ferrari or a Land Rover

The Spyder is not 'more' of a ski pant it is the epitome of ski pants. Don't get me wrong - it is a GREAT pant. It is insulated, has super weather protection and the suspenders are great. It has a narrow fit from Hip and Leg down to the ankle - this is IN these days in both ski and snowboard but you have to decide if you like that. It is made in a mechanical stretch fabric so there is give and it is not atight fit, just narrow.

The Burton is a Gore-tex product, it is a 2 ply shell with waterproof zips - also a top of the line for waterproofness but has a baggy fit - not huge but more of the traditional snowboard cut. Keep in mind, it is just a shell.

To make a good decision you need to think about how you are going to use the pant - what conditions do you REALLY find yourself in and consider the style you like best, what suits your personal taste as well as where/what you ride.

Both pants are great quality, you won't go wrong with that - good luck!

See ya on the slopes!

Thank you Kjerstin, I am 38 so I grew up skiing and don't mind the smaller pants. I may move back into skiing so it is all good. I do love suspenders as well I just find they keep me much dryer then just using a snow skirt.

Are these ones more lined? Burton AK 2L Stagger Pants - On Sale - Men's - GearBuyer.com it mentions something but I thought they would be the same as the Cyclic pants. They are about 2/3 of the price of the Sypers and I could live with out the bibs. I just really want something I can wear in all waether. Just boxers when it is warm and no more then long johns when it is cold.