Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - newbie question
Thread: newbie question
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
jumpinthefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Not sure if you are goofy or regular so I don't know what edge you engage when you make a turn to the "left".

Are you saying your rear edge, toe side catches when initiating a toe side turn?
if i go down a steep section with my left foot foward (im regular) , the board wont turn heelside (left) fast enough using just my front foot so once the turns starts i use my back foot to move the rear end of the board to the right to make things happen faster

no matter how i try to lift my toes, the toe edge always seems to catch towards the end of the board, especially if there is a inch or 2 of loose snow, so instead of linking turns, the boards points downhill when i try to turn left and i just go racing down the hill for 10 or 15 feets before i regain control and slow down.

This only happens on the most difficult trails i have tried, and i dont fall down or anything, but i just cant seem to link clean turns

i think you are right, its probably because something is wrong with my body position

is there any good videos i can watch to see proper technique ?
jumpinthefire is offline   Reply With Quote