Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I am that newbie who got the vapor (with a reason), so please advise..
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
wayshie

Thanks guys, your comments are definitely encouraging. I know I jumped the gun a little bit, it was just hard to resist when guys in 2 shops (not just the one I bought from) told me that I could learn on this board, and the price went from $1250 (although no one pays full retail) down to 580. While the other shop I went to today had the custom for 499... thought it made sense for $100 more.

The size I bought was 159, and I am about 5 7' 200 lbs. I will ask my shop tomorrow about the detune as well, thanks very much for the tip.

I definitely needed the lessons, and probably a few more, I am still trying to get the hang of it and therefore being able to learn on this board is very important. I was told that this board is not too stiff to learn on, it is just very fast... not sure what it means in real life so I am hoping to find out next weekend if weather is good. I am just hoping it's not so fast that I can't even react on a beginners hill.

Thanks again, and please feel free to leave any other opinion.