Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

C02, Targa, Double Agent

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Triple8Sol 
#1 ·
I currently have 2010 c02 bindings, and there really isn't anything wrong with them, I have just had burton bindings forever. I am in the mood for a little change and was thinking of getting either targas or double agents for freeriding.

Am I going to see much difference at all between these three bindings? Or should I stop wasting money and just keep what I have.

#4 ·
Stiffness (IMO): Targas -> CO2 -> Double Agent (stiffest)

I currently own a pair of 2011 Targas and 2010 Ride CADs (Double Agent predecessor), and owned a pair of CO2s last year. I ride my Targas on my all mountain board and the CADs on my freeride/pow board. The Targas are more of a mid-stiff binding, I can get a decent amount of play depending on which strap insert I have in. The highback is decently stiff and responsive as well. The CAD is MUCH stiffer all around than the Targa. The highback and ankle straps are exactly the same on the Double Agent, both of which are stiffer than the Targa. From my experience, the CO2 fits in between the Targa and CAD. A bit stiffer in both the straps and highback than the Targa, but not quite in CAD territory.

It's all subjective though, different people like different stiffness ratings for freeriding. Rider weight has a lot to do with it as well.

#7 ·
Just took the c02's off the board to make some adjustments and noticed the forward lean adjuster broke off from the base. Now the front binding just always leans forward. It must have broke while it was in the luggage.

Now I really do need new bindings. I am probably going to try out the targas, they should be stiff enough for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.