Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Input needed please
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
icemanboarder

Default Input needed please

First post here so nice to meet all you. I just started snowboarding last year and have only gone 5-6 times so far. I just got my own gear and went this last weekend. I am 6' 215 lbs with a size 13 boot. I went with w Burton Duece 162W Celsius boots and used the Burton Freestyle bindings since they came with the board. Everything felt good except the bindings felt like they were very sloppy no matter how I tried to adjust them. Oh by the way I was riding +18/-12 21" width goofy. I was having no trouble turning heelside but toeside was even more difficult then with the rentals. It feels like I am not connected enough with the board to control that edge. I realize I am still learning and toeside is going to be harder for me but I dont want to be fighting the equipment like I felt like I was. I am able to return the bindings for store credit and they have the Cartels so would those help me feel more connected and have better control of the board? I am mostly riding downhill now to learn before trying any park stuff. Thanks for the input!
icemanboarder is offline   Reply With Quote