Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - getting to know stance is too narrow and finetuning it
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
Thanks

but to be honest, I dont think I did this! did I write I set my stance forward???
You stated that you had a directional board that you centered your stance on. That means you set your stance forward.

@Outlyr: Setting your stance back, even just the rear foot, is alright. In fact, if you have a positive cambered board, the further you set your stance back, the more float you will have in powder.

@Veazer: To be honest, I don't really understand what you are asking. When centering your stance on a directional board, the best way for me to describe it is that it handles like your riding switch when you are regular. So I guess that would mean it will handle better if you in fact ride switch on that setup? Either way, it makes 0 sense for you to do that.

The Operator is not a directional twin. It is a true directional board. The board's geometry is centered around the reference stance points. For example, the most narrow section of the board will be in the middle of the reference point. The flex pattern will be centered around the reference point. There's other things like where, if any, tech like carbon rods are located.

I don't know the exact technical details or exactly why it rides different. I just know that it does from personal experience and the many, many issues I have heard when people move their stance in this manner.