Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Relapsing on WoW
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Karasene
Veteran Member

Please resist..
as funny as it sounds I lost my mom to World of Warcraft... I'm 24 and I miss her. its been to the extent of her ordering the expansion pack to arrive the morning it was released.. when she woke up and it wasnt there.. she got in the car and drove 20miles to the nearest bestbuy to purchase another one... only to play 2 hours sooner than the UPS guy pulling into the driveway with the one she ordered. I can not believe the amount of power that game has over people. I've tried to get my mother to help me with activities we could do together but everything ends up in vain.

I will say who ever designed Wow did a hell of a job.. I mean really it has everything you need in a fantasy world. It sorta reminds me of The Matrix.. a digital world one lives in with all the other trapped victims while their body and mind in the real world withers away. If you just miss your other gamers try and keep in touch as internet "pen pals" through facebook or something alternative to the game itself. I'm sure you have plenty of people in the now that would enjoy your company just as much as people who just want to know you becuase of some fake imaginary "power" your character in the game has.

I hope you weigh out your pros and cons and decide that quiting was the best choice you've made so far. I wish my mom had the same will power.. it would make me so much happier to know that she actually could be there for me when I need her.. instead of me always being disappointed that she is missing in my life even tho she is just in the other room. I hate it... and I don't know what to do... so glad to hear you were able to do it.