Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Pow and park combo?

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  SnoRidr 
#1 ·
I race and have a custom x for that, which is verrry good for carving and high speed but that's about it... I'm looking for a super buttery, rail loving board, but that also does well in powder. Any boards come to mind?

Thanks for any info.

#7 ·
You need to go out and demo some more boards bro.

The Skate Nana isn't bad by any means, but failed to live up to the tons of hype it had when I demoed it.

Mind you, it wasn't just hyped as a park board. It was hyped as a do everything board. Sorry, for Lib Tech, the T.Rice holds that title IMO.

#8 ·
K2 WWW, Arbor Draft, CAPiTA Horrorscope, Nitro SubZero.

Both the WWW and Draft have blunted tips and rocker. With blunted tips the size you get has a longer effective edge than the same size in a non blunted board. Longer effective edge means more effective base for pow float.

The Horror does not have a blunted tip, but the tips are not angled much compared to the effective board and they are dead flat. This means that they actually increase the effective base in powder over the same size with radiused tips. The SubZero doesn't have flat tips, but the angle of the tips is even more shallow than the Horror and are slightly blunted. I have ridden a 152 in pow (140lbs) and it did well.

Don't downsize like you normally would with a jib board. For instance if your all mountain stick were a 155, stay close to that. Rocker and softness will make them plenty jibbable.

With your weight I can recommend a size in each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.