Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thinkin of goin Nike for boots reviews???
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #130 (permalink)
SnowKanin

lol, so we're copying and pasting everyone's previous posts now?

I just received my Nike Zoom Force 1's today in size 11. Initial impressions were that they were indeed more narrow than my Burton AWOL's, but my toes were now just barely touching the end of the liner instead of curling a bit when I walked in my Burton's. My AWOL's are 10.5. If I had gotten them in 11's they might have fit, but there is no way they would be as comfortable as what I'm experienceing now! The Zoom's live up to the reputation that Nike has earned for themselves and their boots... these have to be the most comfortable snowboard boots I have ever put on! I wore them for a couple of hours today, and the narrowness of the sole I mentioned before became unnoticable. I sometimes wear wide duty boots, but generally I wear a normal size 11 in every other shoe or boot I purchase. I miss having the J bar to hold my heel in place, but if I tighten the inner liner properly I have yet to experience any overly excessive heel lift.

So far, these boots are very much a win for me. I plan on breaking them in around the house some more, then getting them heat molded, and possibly adding a Superfeet footbed (need to get to a shop with the different colors available and try them out, see what works for me). I also strapped into my board today and in my Rome 390's (L/XL) and they fit fantastically, and the added stiffness and response of these boots is very welcome. Thats also something I was looking for when I stepped up to these!

If you have'nt at least tried on a pair of Nike boots yet, your missing out! They don't fit everyone, but if they fit you, you won't be dissapointed.
SnowKanin is offline   Reply With Quote