Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 09/10 season video
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:54 AM   #49 (permalink)
l burke l

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellufs View Post
Burke, I'm really wanting FCE and I'm about to take the plunge. But, do you have any idea/heard any info if Apple's gonna be releasing an updated version of FCE any time soon??? I don't want to drop $200 on FCE only to have a new version roll out soon! It's been a long time since it's been updated and I just purchased a Canon HF S20 with native 24p(which FCE4 does not support). Wait or go ahead and purchase FCE4?

You can never truely know when apple will release a new product. With that said steve jobs has responded to consumer emails in the past saying a final cut studio update is coming soon and we will not be disapointed. This if true of course doesnt exactly mean that express will get updated although i would think it would. So as far as me answering that question i have NO IDEA lol. Congrats on the new camera. If your running a mac which god i hope you are considering your asking about final cut, i would recommend mpeg streamclip. Its a free software which can convert whatever clips you have into a apple friendly format. If you using final cut express convert your clips to apple intermediate codec. If you are using final cut pro use apple pro res 422. I am not saying that there are ways to get final cut studio or final cut express free or that i would know how to do that, but if you pm me im sure i could help you with other questions you might have about other things that have nothing to do with pirating final cut.
l burke l is offline   Reply With Quote