Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

poping/ollieing onto park features

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  john doe 
#1 ·
Is it ok to both pop or ollie onto park features such as rails and boxes? It's always said to ollie onto them. Is it because you can get more height with an ollie or is there something else why popping is not good?

#8 ·
i find the most efficient way is riding up to the feature, sliding in on my heelside.... both arms up and superman that "oOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!" <~you'll hear this while flying before the bang.

all honesty... the pop you speak of could be a way to get a feel for how much differently rails slide than snow... but wouldn't get to set into it, you'll just have to go back and learn the feel of an ollie onto the feature.

Could be steering you the wrong way on that, i'm no pro... but i remember my trials with that specific rail entry format.... when i decided to ollie on.. washed out on contact til i got a feel for it again.

Good luck!

#9 ·
I was reffering to a pop as jumping off both feet (SA terminology), sorry for not making myself clear.
And my question was about approaching features from the side.

Started jibbing recently, a park I ride is not very beginner friendly, only features low to the ground they have are big plastic pipes, like 1.5' in diameter, approx. 15'-20' long.
I thought they are harder to 50-50 then they actually are, after a few attempts I managed to ride the whole length which doesn't work every time but I am getting better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.