Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner wanting to make first purchase
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 AM
leecasey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in the same kind of position. Also a beginner looking to buy his first.

I like K2. I know the K2 Anagram is for beginners and a very good price. Its a true twin tip, centered and very forgiving with its catch free rocker. Only reason I'm not getting this board is I'm not that keen on the graphics. Personal preference, I know some people who love it. It does look much nicer in person mind.

The board I think I'm going to get is the K2 Raygun. It's slightly off center, its twin tip but it is directional. For me this isnt a problem as I dont really plan on hitting any parks and stuff for a while, although apparently it can do ok there too. The graphics are really nice on this board in my opinion and its once again a forgiving, stable ride. Slightly more expensive than the Anagram, but worth it I think.

Check them out!

Disclaimer!: I am not an expert, just done heaps of research in beginner boards and tech over the past 2 weeks as like you I am looking to buy my first board. Good luck with your choice!