Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Snowboard Addiction - Video Instruction

26K views 114 replies 33 participants last post by  rasmasyean 
#1 ·
Wasup everyone? My name is Nate Slemp and I'm a rep for a company called Snowboard Addiction. They're a relatively new company that specializes in quality snowboard instruction. They are the best of the best as far as teaching people how to tear it up. I made a little promo video for them and thought you guys might be interested.

As appreciation of letting me post on your forum I'm giving everyone a discount as well. Use: SBA10 to get a 10% discount from their site if you do decide to check out their product.

Anyways here is the link to the vid:

YouTube - Snowboard Addiction Video Review - My Thoughts On This Company

They also have several free videos on youtube so be sure to look for them! Just type snowboard addiction and you'll find them.
If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them at n8dahwg@vt.edu
Enjoy and keep up the good shredding!
N8

#85 · (Edited)
The manuals suggest that you get like "armor" when you try new things. He said he broke a lot of bones and stuff. It actually got me to get a full suit (except knee pads). LOL They should like endorse protection gear.

Anyone know of any good knee-shin combo pads? I didn't find any that look like it would fit with boots on. All I need are these and then I'm ready to hunt jedi after snowboarding.

#86 ·
how about slip in soccer shin gaurds. they are pretty thin but will still offer protection.
Usually around $10

I'm having a fear of boxes and rails, mostly because the approach ramps around here are very icey and rutted up. Usually throws me off balance.

-Slyder

#87 ·
Thanks for the research. But I'm afraid of that chaffing uner my boot and stuff, especially when moving legs arround a lot. I was thinking of "modifying" some BMX ones by sawing and sewing. But so far, I haven't fell on my knees a lot...or they are so tough I didn't feel it. :p But I figure now that I said so...the first time I go to a big rail, it's gonna happen!

#99 ·
And yes! They do! so much haha.

At the risk of sounding like a dork I will just go ahead and tell you that I wear butt and thigh pads, knee guards, elbow and wrist guards, and spinal protection every time i'm trying something new. (oh yeh and a helmet)
At first I felt like such a dork wearing all that crap but it's really saved me. Especially trying to throw much bigger moves with corks.
Long story short I'd recommend wrist guards as well as everything else I just mentioned

#103 ·
My wife broke her thumb at the base joint two weeks ago ...right where her wrist guard ends. I think I'd rather break my thumb than my wrist. I've fallen more times than my ego will allow me to recall :laugh:...always with wrist guards and helmet...no injuries. :thumbsup:

#108 ·
Fingers are a weakest point. I try to ride with fists closed when I can remeber.

We'll since we're having a dork competition, I'll have to contribute to the pad-off.

Besides, your standard helment...

It's a pretty good idea I guess, and is reccomended by SA Nev Lapwood when "pushing the edge".
Ha ha ha! I think Batman wears the same amount of protection!

Details on the site, but you get an option for 6 months free subscription if you buy the vids, and you can cancel the sub at the end of the six months if you don't think it's worth it. I personally will keep it.
Yep, that's right Donutz! You can cancel at anytime during the 6 month trial period at absolutely no cost.

#94 ·
After buying their freestyle video set and watching over and over I went to the mountain for six day trip. B4 this trip i was doing rotated FS 180 and sloppy counter rotated BS180 ,FS tail rolls.. After six days on the snow, with just 2 (yes two) falls which hurts a little bit..I have on lock counter rotated fs 180, rotated and counter rotated FS and BS 180 , bs blunt 270 out , nose rolls , cab 180 (rotated , counter rotated) ,switch BS 180 (just counter rotated) FS 360 (doing it last day all day long on side hits without problem..) and some buttering combos like bs 1 to ss tail press cab 1 out , fs 1 to ss tail press cab 1 out. My overall riding also improved a lot after realizing a lot of things about riding and snowboarding physic which I learned from that vids.
So id like to thank SA crew for making such a great videos, I learned from them a lot. Made so much progression in few days like I didnt make for maybe 2 years?..

This vids are perfect for anybody who want progress without falls and as quickly as possible, highly recommend for everyone from beginners to experienced shreders.

#105 ·
I have Level gloves with Wrist guard and I always wear a helmet (plus it keeps my head real warm). I don't care what anyone says. Even if wearing all that gear above, it's better than the alternative. Getting brain damage and breaking bones isn't "cool", ever. Although... I don't think any of that gear above would have helped my broken shoulder at the end of the season last year.

I was in the terrain park all day and got really tired and decided to try a really tweaked out method for my last run. I got too excited and I must have tried to do it before I left the lip. It's funny to say that now... I was so tired I hadn't even strapped in my toe cap on my back foot! Anyhow, I was sideways in the air and landed on my side and my arm popped out of the socket, and when it snapped back in, my humorous impacted with the socket and created an impact fracture.

#115 ·
I think the PITA would be the heat stroke after your first run.....I would die with all of that on unless it was twenty below!
I remove the liner and just wear a shell.

It's not too bad in regards to flexibility. After a while you don't really feel it on. It's not at all that restrictive, imo, but then again, I don't do any boned out method airs and stuff either. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.